Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Elastic? Fantastic! (A Tutorial)

So, I tried to post this blog entry last night and Blogger threw a technical fit and deleted it. ::head:desk:: Anyway...If you hate pulling elastic through casing with a safety pin as much as I do...read on!

I recently heard of a super easy way to elastisize your clothes. I know. It's not a word. :) I used 1/4" elastic here, so I made my casing 1/2". Iron your casing to the proper size, then put the end of your elastic inside and do a few stitches/backstitches to secure it.

 Now just keep your elastic against the crease you ironed and sew the casing shut, being cautious not to catch the elastic in the needle's path.
Leave about an inch of your casing open to give you working space. Puuuuuullllll that elastic until you like the fit, do a few stitches/backstitches, clip the elastic and sew the casing shut! Voila! Sorry...forgot to take more photos, but I think you get the idea. Isn't that awesome? I kept shaking my head and wondering why I had not figured this out years ago. Now get over to your sewing machine and make your kiddo something cute! Happy sewing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment