Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Catching up

Wow, I REALLY don't keep up with this blog. Oops. As most everyone knows, we are expecting our second daughter around April 3rd! We're all very excited and Kirsten is thrilled to death to be getting a baby sister. With the Holidays coming up, we are no less busy than anyone else this time of year, especially since my energy level leaves our house in complete disarray most days. Today I managed to un-load and re-load the dishwasher, as well as make a grocery list and deal with a toddler who's emotions were running even higher than usual. Poor thing, everything is just too exciting for her. I do think that it's about time to drag out the "You'd better behave...SANTA'S WATCHING" trick that all of us parents love to take full advantage of this time of year. God bless Santa. LOL I'm hoping to be able to hit up a thrift shop or two to score a great vintage bowl...if anyone has one they want to get rid of...I'd be more than happy to take it off their hands. Just saying. Anyway, I plan to use this bowl as an Advent wreath. My family always did Advent when I was a kid and Ryan and I have never found the time-slash-initiative to begin this simple, yet meaningful tradition in our home, but I've decided that this is the year. Ryan doesn't have any attachment to it whatsoever since he's never done it before, but I remember how much it always reminded me as a child what Christmas is really about: our Savior. I've managed to procure a copy of Waiting for Christmas by Carol Greene which was the book my mother always used when I was a child and I am greatly attached to it. Since she is too stingy (love you, Scrooge--er--Mom! teehee) to part with it, I happened to find a copy from Amazon for ONE PENNY!!! That's right, honey, ONE PENNY! The shipping was a mere $3.99, so I purchased this "gently used" book for all of $4. It's been shipped, so we shall see how "gently used" it really is soon.

I've also been busy thinking about Hanukkah this year. Since my side of the family has VERY Jewish roots, Hanukkah is special to me and I wanted to do something on our own this year since we always depend on Mom and Dad's Hanukkah party. lol I'm so excited for feta cheese puffs (yes, made with pasteurized milk!) and potato latkes and--holy of holies!--CHALLAH BREAD!!! Among other DELECTABLE food, of course! We Jews know how to eat!! This will be a nosh to remember!

I think I shall leave your mouths watering with the thought of delicious food and get off of my derriere to finish getting ready for church. Hopefully I will remain more vigilant about blogging in the immediate future.

No comments:

Post a Comment