Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Busy Life and Crochet Work!

Busy schedules and a crazy life make it hard to remember to blog sometimes! :) It seems like there is always something to be done and no time in which to do it. (Oh...I need to switch laundry while it's on my mind...) Anyway, Norah has been potty learning this week and is doing great! I'm really proud of her. I wasn't totally sure that she would want to give up her diapers, but she is loving her panties and having few accidents--yay! On the subject of diapers, we are going a slightly different route for this baby. We used covers and prefolds for Norah in the first few weeks, but went solely to pockets/AI2s after that. I really wanted to go the prefold route this time, so we are collecting covers and I am making wool soakers and longies, which are SOOOOO ADORABLE!!!! I cannot express to you how cute they are--really!! Look at how cute! Yes, the hat is a Breastfeeding support hat!
 I have more wool and will be making plenty in all sizes, but this is what I have made since last week. Crocheting is easy to do when you have a toddler attached to you. ;) 

I'm about halfway through my pregnancy now and our anatomy scan is scheduled for next Thursday. We are both excited for this chance to get a peek at "Bilbo". We still don't intend to find out the gender, by the way. I've always secretly wanted to keep it a surprise and my wonderful husband conceded to my request, even though he wants to know. Isn't that so sweet of him? It's something that people don't usually do anymore and one of the last sweet surprises that life holds in this world run by technology. I often find myself questioning God, not in a challenging way, but in wonder as to why He would plan this little life that we did not. I won't lie, I'm terrified. I didn't plan on being a mom of three, but I know that He knows best and that He knows our faith and trust in Him will see us through. God trusts us. Isn't that a crazy-wonderful thought? That God trusts us enough to give us a responsibility? Hmm...worth a good ponder, that is. 

If you have stuck with me through this mindless rambling, I applaud you! I am going to get to my laundry while I am still thinking about it and take Kirsten outside to play in the sun before it rains again. 

Happy Thursday!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you aren't finding out what it is... that would drive me insane. I don't think I could do it :) You go girl! And also... when are you gonna come visit us and teach me how to crochet, sew, and all that other crafty stuff you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I still have some of the newborn dipes that your friend sent us stored back for some one who may need them :)
    Being team green would be hard for me too, but I didn't even know we were having a baby until 24 hours before we did, so maybe I really was team green and didn't even know it!
    God allows things to pass through his hands that we aren't expecting as parents. One thing I think I finally understand is that control is an illusion and that we are really not in "control" of our lives. We are only expected to manage what is given to us in the best way we know how, seek God first, and raise our children to know and trust Him. The number of children, the timing of those children and how they come into our families is completely in God's hands. Once I finally understood that, it was liberating!

    ReplyDelete